HELPING WOMEN ENTER THE WORKFORCE WITH STYLE AND CONFIDENCE
THE PERFECT FIT FOR WORKING WOMEN
A HALLMARK PROGRAM OF THE ALLENTOWN YMCA & YWCA
The Perfect Fit for Working Women is a program of the ALLENTOWN YMCA & YWCA that supports low-income women entering the workforce by providing professional clothing for job interviews and the first week of work. The clothing, as well as the process, empowers and evokes confidence in the client, raises self-esteem, and enhances a woman's ability to succeed.
- Wardrobe consultations
- Professional attire for a job interview and, when the client secures employment, clothing for her first week of work
- Community outreach, including fashion shows and job-readiness workshops
We are volunteer-driven and rely on our talented and dedicated volunteers to successfully meet the needs of our clients and our program.
"I found conversation, caring, information, and hope... I can't wait to get started with life again" --Tanya H.
"I leave with a new sense of self, a smile, and new armor to carry out my personal mission of self-determination, worth, and a place in this world" --Lady W.
How can I help?:
You can help The Perfect Fit by volunteering your time, donating clothing, or providing financial support
- Individual opportunities include wardrobing clients, serving on our event committees, or helping with outreach or technology
- Corporate opportunities include service or clothing drives
- Membership in The Perfect Circle provides financial support for a year's worth of services for one client
Donations are taken by appointment during business hours. We accept modern, current season, new and gently used business and business casual clothing, shoes, handbags, and costume jewelry along with scrubs, nursing shoes, and winter coats. New makeup, toiletries, and undergarments are always appreciated.